Thursday, August 21, 2014

Quilt Show Pictures

On Sunday I visited the Mancuso World Quilt Show New England XII in Manchester NH.  This is a wonderful show because of the international entries.  It's fun to see beautiful quilts from all over the globe.  Here are some pictures of quilts that I found interesting.

This is the most amazing depiction of fireworks that I've ever seen.  All done with threadwork.


I believe these two tree quilts were done by the same quilter.


Beautiful colors and interesting setting.


I love the combination of piecing and  applique and the setting/sashing between the blocks.


Beautiful applique quilt in a limited palette.
 

And a lot of (what I think are) Mary Simon quilts.



There were quite a few quilts from an applique society.  It was a feast for the eyes and very inspiring.


There were a few black and white quilts in the show.  I don't think I've ever seen a black and white applique quilt before, though.



 I find that I'm really drawn to these orange and blue quilts lately.  I like the color combination.



It was a beautiful show.  I hope you enjoyed my little piece of it.



No comments:

Post a Comment