Thursday, February 6, 2014

Real Snow Day Activity

Yesterday we had a real snow day.  It was snowing when I woke up and snowed most of the day.  We got about a foot of the really light, fluffy snow.  We (and by we I mean DH) cleared most of it late yesterday afternoon and we (and by we I mean both of us) finished the job today.

But, while it was snowing, I used the excuse to spend a good part of the day sewing.

I started the day with this little bag.  I saw the pattern offered here and stored it away because I thought they were cute.  They are adorable.  I was looking for a little bag that I can use as my portable bag for the spools.  I want something about 8" square to fit the fabric, a few needles, a small pair of scissors, a thimble and some thread.  This bag is only about 8" x 3 1/3".  I need to find something larger to fit my needs.


This heart scroll is all hand applique'd and will be a table runner for us.  I would like to have this completed before St. Valentine's day.  I expect to complete the applique this week and am planning to machine quilt it, so the deadline seams reasonable.


This green quilt will be a gift for the newest grand nephew who is expected in March.  This will have colorful frogs applique'd onto it.  I'm probably going to do machine applique to make it more durable, but after the heart scroll, I don't have an applique project planned, so hand stitching the frogs sounds appealing.


And these 9-patches are the next round in the 9-patch exchange for my guild.  This has been going on since October.  I should have over 100 by the end of the guild year calendar and I will do some sort of scrappy quilt, but I don't know exactly what yet.  That's pretty far down on the to-do list.


Yep, four projects.  That seams to be a comfortable number for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment