Friday, January 6, 2012

Socks!

I've seen a few of my friends at quilt guild meetings knitting socks and I became intrigued.  I've been reading a few blogs where the author has knit socks and I became obsessed.  I've put off doing anything about knitting socks because it's been 23 years since I've knit anything.  (I knitted a sweater for myself when I was expecting my daughter.  That's why I know precisely how old that sweater is.)  I don't have any knitting supplies (I gave them all to afore mentioned daughter when she dabbled in knitting a few years ago), and socks look reasonably complicated.

But I keep thinking about knitting socks (I'm obsessing, remember?).  So I asked for some supplies for Christmas and my darling daughter complied.  She got me a book and a gift certificate for supplies.  I picked up needles and yarn before New Year's Eve and got started.

Here's a few shots of my progress:


Working on the heel flap.

 Forming a heel.


Working down to the toe.

I'm really enjoying this, even though I've had to do quite a bit of ripping to get the pattern correct.  But, I'm having fun!

1 comment:

  1. Mair, I love your sock! You are doing an amazing job. Thanks so much for sharing this on your blog. I really enjoyed reading it and seeing the pictures. Will look forward to updates :)

    ReplyDelete